Thursday, November 19, 2009

beginning


Welcome! Because my facebook food posts seem to be so popular, I thought I'd create a separate forum for everyone to share. My hope is that this will inspire people to explore their local farmer's markets, and treat themselves and their loved ones to a delicious, homecooked meal.


Food is an opportunity: to express yourself, to nourish yourself and others, and to experience pleasure. Eating food grown locally supports other members of the community, and brings us a little closer to the land, the seasons, and to a simpler way of life. (It’s also better for the environment: how far does your food travel to get to you?)

I hope to post meal ideas, recipes, favorite books and products, and more (little interviews with local farmers? cookbook reviews?), and I'd love to hear your feedback and ideas, too!

Love and cheer, Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment